Questions and Answers – How To Prevent Cheesecake Cracks
My cheesecakes always crack on top when baking in the oven. I have tried setting a pan of water on the lower rack in the oven during baking. What can I do?
Please read my web page on making Perfect Cheesecakes.
Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the cheesecake forms a crack. Depending on the type of cheesecake, just cover the crack with some sour cream or whipping cream. No one will know the difference, as they will not see the crack!
How To Prevent Cheesecake Cracks
When the internal temperature of a cheesecake rises beyond 160 degrees F. while baking, it will always crack.
To prevent this from happening, use an instant-read thermometer to test its doneness. Take it out of the oven when the cheesecake reaches 150 degrees F. at the center to avoid over baking.
This is the type of cooking and meat thermometer that I prefer and use in my cooking. I get many readers asking what cooking/meat thermometer that I prefer and use in my cooking and baking. I, personally, use the Thermapen Thermometer shown in the photo on the right. Originally designed for professional users, the Super-Fast Thermapen Thermometer is used by chefs all over the world. To learn more about this excellent thermometer and to also purchase one (if you desire), just click on the underlined: Thermapen Thermometer.
A wonderful looking cheesecake (with no cracks), can crack as it sits on the cooling rack because the cake shrank during cooling and clung to the sides of the springform pan. To avoid this from happening, cool the cheesecake for only a few minutes, and then, using a paring knife, free it from the sides of the pan before allowing it to cool completely.
Check out all of Linda’s tips and hints on baking cheesecakes:
Baking A Perfect Cheesecake
Baking Cheesecakes Ahead Of Time
How To Freeze Cheesecakes
Traveling with Cheesecakes
- What percentage of gay couples raise children
- How is smoked meat made
- What is the meaning of 420
- What some of consolidated financial statements limitations
- Why is synchronized swimming an Olympic event
- What can I substitute for Greek yogurt
- Is working overtime typically compensated in Japan
- How do companies deal with incompetent programmers
- When can I bring the relationship talk
- Is 90s nostalgia overrated
- Have someone gave you false hope
- Does DMart Bangalore accept Zeta cards
- Why did Shino become a teacher?no_redirect=1
- When does dirt become mud
- How do you develop body mass
- What are some life changing startups
- Is Jio cheating in daily data usage
- Why do I get lost during conversation